Subject: bug#41905: Small change: In Customize, display name with with spaces, but keep symbol name underneath.

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 15:24:27 +0200

Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Nope.  Would fixing info-lookup-guess-custom-symbol here be a lot of work?
>
> I'm guessing no, because it shouldn't have to guess anymore...but I'm
> not familiar with it.

Actually...  Is this a regression?  I just tried this in Emacs 27, and
`C-h S' on "Fill Column" there asks me:

Which doesn't exist.

After the patch, it says "Hide-fill-column", which doesn't exist either,
but which is basically the same bug -- which is that there's an
invisible string "Hide" before the "Fill Column".

Hm...  Oh!  If I move point into "Fill Column", then it guesses
correctly, but if point is at the "F", then it includes the invisible
"Hide".

The design choices taken in the library here are pretty odd --
transforming symbols to readable forms and then "guessing" to transform
them back, instead of just stashing the real data for easy retrieval...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no