Subject: Re: bug#41905: Small change: In Customize, display name with with spaces, but keep symbol name underneath.

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 09:50:46 -0300

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> [email-masked] writes:
>
>> This patch changes custom-unlispify-menu-entry to display symbols
>> names with the "display" text property, but to keep the symbol name
>> underneath. This is good when using try-expand-dabbrev-all-buffers,
>> such as when writing the init file.
>
> Makes sense to me, so I've applied this to Emacs 28.

I think this change broke `C-h S' in Custom buffers:
emacs -Q
M-x customize-option RET fill-column
Put point in Fill Column
C-h S
You get prompted with: Describe symbol (default Hide-fill-column), which
is of course undocumented.
Before, the prompt was:
Describe symbol (default Fill-Column), and typing RET would open an Info
buffer without problems.

I'm not saying the change is bad.  I was just trying to see if this
change will fulfill the request in Bug#400, and I guess it does: C-h v
seems to work just fine, but I guess info-lookup-guess-custom-symbol
wasn't ready for the change.