Subject: bug#41902: closed (Re: bug#41902: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Project find file should honor read-file-name-completion-ignore-case)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 22:36:02 +0000

Your bug report

#41902: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Project find file should honor read-file-name-completion-ignore-case

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
41902: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41902
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#41902: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Project find file should honor read-file-name-completion-ignore-case
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Matthias Meulien <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 01:34:54 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 28.1

On 16.06.2020 23:59, Matthias Meulien wrote:
> 
> When `read-file-name-completion-ignore-case' is set to t, users expects 
> that case is ignored when a file name is entered interactively using 
> minibuffer and completion. At the current time, `project-find-file' 
> doesn't take `read-file-name-completion-ignore-case' into account when 
> reading file name with completion.

Thank you for the report.

I've just fixed that in a slightly different way 
(project--completing-read-strict is support to be a general function, 
more or less, so the binding was not appropriate there).

Commit 6e777a6639.

Subject: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Project find file should honor read-file-name-completion-ignore-case
From: Matthias Meulien <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 22:59:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When `read-file-name-completion-ignore-case' is set to t, users 
expects that case is ignored when a file name is entered 
interactively using minibuffer and completion. At the current 
time, `project-find-file' doesn't take 
`read-file-name-completion-ignore-case' into account when reading 
file name with completion.

>From 35a17aa3a56f926271f4c46729d29b4df0b317b7 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Matthias Meulien <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 22:52:00 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Make project-find-file honor
 read-file-name-completion-ignore-case

* lisp/progmodes/project.el (project--completing-read-strict): Set
completion-ignore-case to read-file-name-completion-ignore-case
---
 lisp/progmodes/project.el | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/project.el b/lisp/progmodes/project.el
index f3df44fa7b..20ff5a06ff 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/project.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/project.el
@@ -661,6 +661,7 @@ project--completing-read-strict
   (let* ((new-prompt (if (and default (not (string-equal default "")))
                          (format "%s (default %s): " prompt default)
                        (format "%s: " prompt)))
+         (completion-ignore-case read-file-name-completion-ignore-case)
          (res (completing-read new-prompt
                                collection predicate t
                                nil ;; initial-input
-- 
2.20.1

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 20, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.5, cairo version 1.16.0) 
 of 2020-06-12 built on carbon 
Repository revision: 459bd56f46af8cd7c29965600c46387282c3c93f 
Repository branch: master Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org 
Foundation', version 11.0.12004000 System Description: Debian 
GNU/Linux 10 (buster)  Recent messages: mouse-2, RET: describe 
this function mouse-2, RET: describe this symbol Mark set Mark 
saved where search started Mark set mouse-2, RET: find function's 
definition uncompressing files.el.gz...done Note: file is write 
protected Quit [2 times] Scanning for dabbrevs...done  Configured 
features: XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS 
GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 
FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 
X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP Important 
settings: 
  value of $LC_MONETARY: fr_FR.UTF-8 value of $LC_NUMERIC: 
  fr_FR.UTF-8 value of $LC_TIME: fr_FR.UTF-8 value of $LANG: 
  fr_FR.UTF-8 value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus locale-coding-system: 
  utf-8-unix 
 
Major mode: VC dir  Minor modes in effect: 
  semantic-minor-modes-format: ((:eval (if (or 
  semantic-highlight-edits-mode 
  semantic-show-unmatched-syntax-mode semantic-idle-scheduler-mode 
  semantic-mru-bookmark-mode)  S))) vc-parent-buffer: 
  *vc-dir*<emacs> shell-dirtrack-mode: t 
  highlight-changes-visible-mode: t show-paren-mode: t 
  minions-mode: t semantic-mode: t desktop-save-mode: t 
  save-place-mode: t electric-pair-mode: t icomplete-mode: t 
  global-so-long-mode: t global-auto-revert-mode: t 
  auto-insert-mode: t text-scale-mode: t tooltip-mode: t 
  global-eldoc-mode: t electric-layout-mode: t 
  electric-indent-mode: t mouse-wheel-mode: t tab-bar-mode: t 
  file-name-shadow-mode: t global-font-lock-mode: t 
  font-lock-mode: t blink-cursor-mode: t window-divider-mode: t 
  auto-composition-mode: t auto-encryption-mode: t 
  auto-compression-mode: t buffer-read-only: t line-number-mode: t 
  transient-mark-mode: t 
 
Load-path shadows: None found.   Features: (shadow emacsbug 
sendmail mule-util log-view log-edit pcvs-util add-log shell 
smerge-mode diff whitespace warnings compile flyspell ox-odt 
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn 
nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar 
ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox goto-addr org-element 
avl-tree generator ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus 
nnir ol-docview doc-view image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb 
ol-w3m dabbrev imenu bug-reference pulse xref eieio-opt speedbar 
dframe jka-compr cl-print help-fns radix-tree thingatpt project 
vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher misearch multi-isearch dired-aux 
hl-line sort smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-bcklg gnus-async qp 
gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 epa-file 
gnutls network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score 
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view 
mml-smime smime dig gnus-cache gnus-sum url url-proxy url-privacy 
url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap shr url-cookie 
url-domsuf url-util svg xml dom conf-mode display-line-numbers 
hilit-chg pcase paren cl-extra help-mode avoid minions 
carbon-custom cus-edit cus-start cus-load gnus-demon nntp 
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail 
mail-source utf7 netrc parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-win nnoo 
gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa 
derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse 
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus nnheader gnus-util 
rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util 
mail-prsvr wid-edit gnus-dired dired-x dired dired-loaddefs 
org-capture org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp 
org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete 
comint ansi-color org-list org-faces org-entities time-date 
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval 
org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec 
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs advice skeleton find-file vc-git 
diff-mode easy-mmode semantic/mru-bookmark ring semantic/db-mode 
semantic/idle semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope 
semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db eieio-base semantic/format 
ezimage semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt 
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag 
semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet ispell desktop 
frameset server bookmark text-property-search pp saveplace 
elec-pair edmacro kmacro icomplete so-long autorevert filenotify 
autoinsert cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles 
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs generic-x face-remap proof-site 
proof-autoloads info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers 
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs 
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq 
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip 
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel 
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image 
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode 
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar 
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock 
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame 
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang 
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms 
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic 
indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table 
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded 
nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files 
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule 
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind 
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting 
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty 
make-network-process emacs)  Memory information: ((conses 16 
465233 40537) 
 (symbols 48 39302 114) (strings 32 139793 5659) (string-bytes 1 
 4945774) (vectors 16 55270) (vector-slots 8 1167514 138427) 
 (floats 8 328 280) (intervals 56 4631 535) (buffers 992 54)) 

-- 
Matthias