Subject: Re: bug#41890: 28.0.50; [PATCH]: Add bindings for project.el

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 00:35:26 +0300

On 17.06.2020 00:23, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> On 16.06.2020 20:16, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> I certainly would.  It is very unusual for an optional package to have
>> its bindings in files that are preloaded into every Emacs session.
> 
> What do you mean by "optional"? It's in Emacs 28.
> 
> How is it different from the aforementioned tabs?

Let's step back, maybe.

 From multiple discussions, over a certain period of time, mostly here 
in emacs-devel, I have arrived at an impression that there exists a 
general desire to have global bindings for project functions, in 
"default" Emacs, without customization.

And that the 'C-x p' prefix is both unoccupied and looks logical to use 
for that purpose.

What do you think about that?

As an aside, I'd like to do a similar thing for Flymake, with 
Flycheck-inspired prefix of 'C-c !' a bit later.