Subject: bug#41890: bug#42210: bug#41890: 28.0.50; [PATCH]: Add bindings for project.el

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 16:13:20 -0700

Hello Dmitry,

Thanks for taking a look.

On Sat 25 Jul 2020 at 01:54AM +03, Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> On 25.07.2020 00:20, Sean Whitton wrote:
>> Okay, then I think the attached addresses feedback received.  Thanks!
>
> These are good patches, working well.
>
> But here's a change on top of yours that simplified things a little, and
> makes a few things unnecessary (I think). All by using the variable
> called switch-to-buffer-obey-display-actions.
>
> What do you and others think?

I don't think this is going to work, for two reasons:

- for consistency with the existing C-x 4 C-o binding, C-x 4 p C-o
  should be bound to project-display-buffer, but C-x p C-o should not,
  so we cannot add the C-o binding to project-prefix-map, so another map
  is needed

- I suspect that by relying on switch-to-buffer-obey-display-actions,
  when you use project-display-buffer the other window will end up
  selected, which is not meant to happen.

> I'll easily admit to being out of my depth when it comes to window
> management, so if there are reasons to go with the full-on approach, no
> objections from me.

Right, it's really complicated, so I wrote the patch as conservatively
as possible.

-- 
Sean Whitton