Subject: bug#41890: bug#42210: bug#41890: 28.0.50; [PATCH]: Add bindings for project.el

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 01:00:03 +0300

On 20.07.2020 19:49, Sean Whitton wrote:

> How about having a project-other-window-commands defcustom for C-x 4 p,
> and using the entirety of project-prefix-map for C-x 5 p and C-x t t?
> C-x 4 p can prompt as per my patch, and C-x 5 p and C-x t t could just
> put a static message in the minibuffer like other-frame-prefix and
> other-tab-prefix do at present.

Just to clarify: are you proposing this because you really like how the 
prompt works, yet can't find a good way to incorporate it for the two 
other prefixes?

> I intended to say a bit more: C-x p f has replaced a lot of my use of
> C-x b too.  It is very nice not to have to guess whether something is
> already visited and just complete across all the project's files.  I use
> C-x 4 b a lot so I'm looking forward to C-x 4 p f.

Right! That mirrors my experience: it's often handy to just search 
across the project files because you're guaranteed to find the needed 
file, and because there is no ambiguity caused by having only the base 
name available.

One can also "guess" the eventual file name based on the partial matches 
in its name and in its parent directories' names.