Subject: Re: bug#41890: 28.0.50; [PATCH]: Add bindings for project.el

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 08:19:25 -0700

Hello Philip,

On Mon 13 Jul 2020 at 01:02PM +02, Philip K. wrote:

> Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On 13.07.2020 13:47, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
>>>
>>> Juri's suggestion could work as well, but it sounds like it would
>>> require more fiddly management of the new global variable.
>>
>> ...but the same problem might not exist for Sean's patch.
>
> I'm missing the context, what exactly is the issue? Or what part of this
> patch would Sean want to depend on? I hope I understand correctly that
> this is the patch that should merge C-x 4 4 C-x p f into C-x 4 p f?

Yes, that one.

Juri suggested that I try to make C-x 4 p work like C-x p p, so my patch
is probably going to need to generalise some of the code which powers
C-x p p, but it seems there is some disagreement right now about how C-x
p p is going to work.

-- 
Sean Whitton