Subject: Re: bug#41890: 28.0.50; [PATCH]: Add bindings for project.el

From: "Philip K." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 09:03:50 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> As I said, I haven't tried anything out, and maybe the issue doesn't
>> exist or is circumventable (eg. by having every function reset the
>> global value after using it), but is that really worth it just to use a
>> transient map? Or did I miss something?
>
> A new variable could introduce a new notion of "the current project".
> This implies that some commands used in other buffers will be applied
> to the currently active project.

I'd get a "last active project" variable, as in a fallback when the
project cannot be determined after switching buffer or opening new
files. But when I hear current project, I'd assume you would have to
manually change, which would turn project.el from a tool that assists
your workflow to one that dictates it.

> This is similar to the notion of next-error-last-buffer - the most
> recent buffer for next-error commands.

So we're talking about a "last active project"?

> I don't know if a real need exists for such thing, so please leave
> project-switch-project without a transient map if it already works
> well.

Fine by me, I'm just asking in case there's a need to update the patch.

-- 
	Philip K.