Subject: Re: bug#41890: 28.0.50; [PATCH]: Add bindings for project.el

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 20:30:19 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Theodor Thornhill <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 12:25:22 -0400
> 
> > I certainly would.  It is very unusual for an optional package to have
> > its bindings in files that are preloaded into every Emacs session.
> 
> [ I'm not sure if your objection is on where the bindings are located in
>   the source code (which could be adjusted by moving them to project.el
>   with an appropriate autoload cookie), or whether the bindings are
>   placed in the global map.  I'll assume below that the problem is with
>   the actual bindings rather than their source location.  ]

It's with both, actually.

> My own take on what Emacs is mostly used for makes me feel that the
> notion of project is probably important enough to justify its place in
> the default keymap.

I hope this will be the case in some not too distant future.  But
until it does, I see no reason to hurry with that.  (Assuming I
understand correctly what you meant here.)