Subject: 28.0.50; tramp-connection-properties not quite working for me

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 08:50:17 +0300

I have tramp-connection-properties as following:

(("ssh:motorola:" "tramp-tmpdir" "/sdcard/tmp")
 ("ssh:archos" "\"tramp-tmpdir\"" "/storage/emulated/0/tmp"))

And is not working for me. Do I do something wrong here in these
settings?

I have seen that only way to access devices is to redefine this
function:

(defun tramp-get-remote-tmpdir (vec)
  "Return directory for temporary files on the remote host identified by VEC."
  (with-tramp-connection-property vec "tmpdir"
    (let ((dir
	   (tramp-make-tramp-file-name
	    vec (or (tramp-get-method-parameter vec 'tramp-tmpdir) "/storage/emulated/0/tmp")))) ;;; here I changed "/tmp" to my temporary directoriy 
      (or (and (file-directory-p dir) (file-writable-p dir)
	       (tramp-file-local-name dir))
	  (tramp-error vec 'file-error "Directory %s not accessible" dir))
      dir)))

Yet I would like to be able to redefine it individually for each device.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 10, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.14.8, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2020-06-08 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 80abaea1d9c6f1e53fe88befe16de3b219cdd919
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11907000
System Description: Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/package/text/emacs-2020-06-08 --with-modules
 --without-gpm --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/data1/protected/GNUstep/Library/Libraries/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort hashcash mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 47222 6432)
 (symbols 48 6542 1)
 (strings 32 17332 1826)
 (string-bytes 1 544907)
 (vectors 16 9365)
 (vector-slots 8 123514 9904)
 (floats 8 24 36)
 (intervals 56 231 0)
 (buffers 992 11))

-- 
Thanks,
Jean Louis