Subject: Guix configuration file?

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 02:19:35 +0200

Dear,

As well, I am still starting to have some issue with the new machinery
and my workflow is less flowing. :-) For example, I regularly type "guix
pull --commit=<hash> -p /tmp/foo" to test something and now I need more
than sometimes to type "--allow-downgrades".  And I have not intensively
used "guix time-machine" since this new machinery but I have the feeling
that "--disable-authentication" will be necessary too in my workflow.

In the light of your message and a previous one by Ludo...

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 at 01:52, Jakub Kądziołka <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> It may be that setting GUIX_BUILD_OPTIONS=--allow-downgrades actually
>> works, though it’s a bit of a hack.
>
> I have found the time to test this. Unfortunately, while it does make
> `guix pull' work, it breaks other commands, such as `guix build'.

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 11:27, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I don’t think “allow-downgrade?” should be a property of <channel>,
> because conceptually it’s an unrelated piece of configuration.  So I
> think it’s configuration that belongs elsewhere, but there’s no
> configuration file for ‘guix pull’ etc.

...maybe it is time to have a configuration file for Guix.  Something to
specify default options command by command.  Or maybe some alias.  Maybe
something like ~/.config/guix/config.scm.

WDYT?

All the best,
simon