Subject: bug#4188: 23.1; doc strings in bookmark.el

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:23:50 -0700

1. The function doc strings need to describe the arguments.
 
For example, these functions (at least) should say,
"BOOKMARK is a bookmark name or a bookmark record."
 
bookmark-get-bookmark, bookmark-get-bookmark-record,
bookmark-prop-get, bookmark-prop-set, bookmark-get-handler,
bookmark--jump-via, bookmark-jump-noselect.
 
This is particularly important because some functions expect that
their bookmark argument be a bookmark name, others expect that it be a
bookmark record, and still others allow either.

2. Some functions (e.g. bookmark--jump-via) are missing doc strings
altogether.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-07-29 on SOFT-MJASON
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4)'