Subject: bug#41879: 28.0.50; [Patch]: Add project-switch-to-buffer in project.el

From: Andrii Kolomoiets <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 11:35:59 +0300

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 19.06.2020 07:59, Andrii Kolomoiets wrote:
>> Furthermore, by not requiring a match, switch-to-buffer allows to create
>> buffers.
>
> Right.
>
> Do you need this ability? I would imagine switch-to-buffer is always
> available for that.

Well, I rarely use this ability of switch-to-buffer.  I can't say I
really need this in project-switch-to-buffer.

But to keep consistency with switch-to-buffer, project-switch-to-buffer
should behave the same.

Also, in my understanding, match is should be required on e.g. killing
buffers when existing buffer is required.  Because switch-to-buffer is
able to create buffers, I can't see the reason why
project-switch-to-buffer should require the match.