Subject: bug#41878: Handshake Error

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 10:07:51 +0200

Hi,

Quinten Gruenthal <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Sure; though, as I mentioned before I did try again and it did work. Doing
> a pull once more I failed with:
>
> guix substitute: error: TLS error in procedure 'handshake': Error in the
> pull function.
> substitution of
> /gnu/store/k1da7bv579d8gvwdrakd9l4hxswknff2-guix-module-union failed
> guix pull: error: some substitutes for the outputs of derivation
> `/gnu/store/k2gdq7ahjaqmdgjr9xwywqpxvzazn467-guix-e07573432.drv' failed
> (usually happens due to networking issues); try `--fallback' to build
> derivation from source

Could it be that you’re on a flaky network connection?

> As with before, I was also able to succeed on a subsequent pull; but this
> error seemed to be handled better as it suggested both the cause of the
> problem and a possible solution.

If the connection is dropped, there’s little we can do, but maybe you’re
suggesting better error reporting?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

PS: Please keep the bug Cc’d.