Subject: bug#41877: Bug: feature/native-comp on MacOs Catalina w.r.t. subr-x.eln

From: Gregor Eeckels <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 19:19:06 +0200

Hello. I am experiencing a weird error.

Native elisp load failed:
"/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/eln-x86_64-apple-darwin19.5.0-0d5d423ea4500a50/subr-x.eln",
"dlopen(/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/eln-x86_64-apple-darwin19.5.0-0d5d423ea4500a50/subr-x.eln,
1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/eln-x86_64-apple-darwin19.5.0-0d5d423ea4500a50/subr-x.eln:
file too short
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/eln-x86_64-apple-darwin19.5.0-0d5d423ea4500a50/subr-x.eln:
file too short"

I built emacs using this guide carefully:
https://github.com/shshkn/emacs.d/blob/master/docs/nativecomp.md

Everything worked out, but now this causes errors during the first run and
then emacs fails to load because of the same error after rebooting. The
mentioned file subr-x.eln is empty.

I did create the symbolic link from Resources/elisp to elisp in the
Emacs.app directory.
Thank you for your assistance.