Subject: bug#41848: Surfing with Tor

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 01:24:42 -0400

Hi Antonio,

> Please, can anyone else confirm this bug on IceCat?
> 
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1842171

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

It appears to be a bug in the "Onion Browser Button" add-on by Bentham
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tortm-browser-button/>
when used with Firefox ESR 68.

I was able to reproduce this problem both in the IceCat 68.9 preview on
Guix, and also on a Debian 9 system with Debian's stock firefox-esr
(68.9) package and the Onion Browser Button add-on installed via
addons.mozilla.org.

I'll note that this bug report applies to the 68.8 and 68.9 previews of
IceCat, which are the only IceCat previews to use the latest release
(0.1.8) of the Onion Browser Button.  Earlier IceCat previews used
version 0.1.7.  It was updated in the following commit:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnuzilla.git/commit/?h=68&id=3cb3e92e55c4f22aaa7e520fea1a1d8fdbef72b4

I'm currently building a version of IceCat 68.9 with the above commit
reverted, to see if the bug also exists in version 0.1.7 of the Onion
Browser Button.

To be continued...

     Regards,
       Mark