Subject: 26.3; Compilation mode keybindings inconsistent with Grep mode

From: Colton Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 03:57:25 +0000

When in Grep mode, 'n' and 'p' respectively go to the next and previous
match in the buffer.

However, Compilation mode leaves 'n' and 'p' unbound. This inconsistency
is annoying.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.13)
 of 2020-01-28 built on buildhw-09.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.12008000
Recent messages:
Auto-saving...done
Save file /home/clewis/code/linux/.git/.gitsendemail.msg.7cdBK2? (y or n) y
Saving file /home/clewis/code/linux/.git/.gitsendemail.msg.7cdBK2...
Wrote /home/clewis/code/linux/.git/.gitsendemail.msg.7cdBK2
Quit
Type C-x 4 C-o RET to restore the other window.  
mouse-2, RET: Display more help on this symbol [2 times]
Quit
Type C-x 4 C-o RET to restore the other window.  
Mark saved where search started

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets --with-modules
 build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -fexceptions
 -fstack-protector-strong -grecord-gcc-switches
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Compilation

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug pcmpl-gnu vc-filewise two-column kmacro
iso-transl diff smerge-mode perl-mode python tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize mhtml-mode css-mode color js json
map sgml-mode dom mailalias sendmail pulse view rst cl-print etags xref
project vc-annotate calc-undo calc-arith calc-alg calc-ext calc-menu
calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs sort minibuf-eldef mb-depth ibuf-ext
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs log-view eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage
dframe vc-dir ewoc dired-aux grep pcmpl-unix find-dired make-mode pp
em-unix em-term term disp-table ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist
em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-var
esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cl-extra help-fns
radix-tree shell compile help-mode info gud tmm apropos cus-edit
cus-start cus-load tabify imenu man conf-mode misearch multi-isearch
log-edit pcvs-util add-log vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc
vc-dispatcher ffap thingatpt url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs url-vars sh-script smie executable term/xterm
xterm vc-git diff-mode org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus nnir
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit org-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired dired-loaddefs org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
org-w3m org-element cl-seq avl-tree generator org advice org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs
cl-loaddefs cl-lib server time-date elec-pair mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1057956 157105)
 (symbols 48 46703 536)
 (miscs 40 2365 5080)
 (strings 32 178882 15364)
 (string-bytes 1 5576462)
 (vectors 16 81443)
 (vector-slots 8 1944943 218082)
 (floats 8 457 656)
 (intervals 56 81822 6583)
 (buffers 992 100))