Subject: bug#41842: 28.0.50; gnus-new-mail-mark is applied to too many groups

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 00:35:56 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> But looking at the code used in nnmail.el (i.e.,
> nnmail-check-duplication), it doesn't (at that point) know what the Gnus
> group names are; it just gets data from the backends.  (This is when
> nnml splits from, say, pop3 fetching.)
>
> So I don't know how to fix this generally.

Aha!

I traced the call sequence up and up to try to find out just how to get
at what the select method was, and it's not present in the nine layers
of calls down to where nnmail-split-history is set...

But!  gnus-command-method is bound!  The unique Gnus group name can be
trivially determined based on that.  I think.

I'll try hacking that up and see what happens...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no