Subject: Re: [bug#41840] Transmission 3.00

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 15:43:48 -0400

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 12:53:04AM +0200, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:
> > It works fine when I set, for example:
> >
> > CURL_CA_BUNDLE=/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
> 
> This is <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/22138>, right?
> 
> I think setting native-search-paths on Transmission as a workaround is
> OK for now.

I found that it also honors SSL_CERT_DIR and SSL_CERT_FILE.

Since these variables are handled automatically on Guix System and we
suggest in the manual that foreign distro users set them, I pushed the
Transmission update without setting up any search paths.

Guix profile search paths do not effect the environment of systemd
services, so they would not help the majority of people using
Transmission on foreign distros anyway.