Subject: bug#41833: icecat build failure: could not find node.js

From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 03:29:48 +0000

attempt to update icecat dies with build error.

ERROR

checking for nodejs... no
ERROR: could not find Node.js executable later than 8.11; ensure `node`
or `nodejs` is in PATH or set NODEJS in environment to point to an
executable.

    Executing `mach bootstrap --no-system-changes` should
    install a compatible version in ~/.mozbuild on most platforms.
    If you believe this is a bug, <https://mzl.la/2vLbXAv> is a good
way
    to file.  More details: <https://bit.ly/2BbyD1E>
    
command "/gnu/store/pwcp239kjf7lnj5i4lkdzcfcxwcfyk72-bash-minimal-
5.0.16/bin/bash" "../icecat-68.9.0-guix0-preview1/configure" "
--prefix=/gnu/store/ia85ggvf8n8bpvp1s39zl0wyavza1lhh-icecat-68.9.0-
guix0-preview1" "--with-l10n-base=/tmp/guix-build-icecat-68.9.0-guix0-
preview1.drv-0/icecat-68.9.0-guix0-preview1/l10n" "--enable-default-
toolkit=cairo-gtk3" "--with-distribution-id=org.gnu" "--with-unsigned-
addon-scopes=app" "--enable-startup-notification" "--enable-pulseaudio" 
"--disable-tests" "--disable-updater" "--disable-crashreporter" "
--disable-eme" "--disable-gconf" "--disable-debug" "--disable-debug-
symbols" "--with-clang-
path=/gnu/store/519wa00jk87r0bxv4znvk4fa5zh3hbkd-clang-9.0.1/bin/clang" 
"--with-libclang-path=/gnu/store/519wa00jk87r0bxv4znvk4fa5zh3hbkd-
clang-9.0.1/lib" "--enable-official-branding" "--with-system-zlib" "
--with-system-bz2" "--with-system-jpeg" "--with-system-icu" "--enable-
system-pixman" "--enable-system-ffi" failed with status 1

GUIX COMMIT

christopher@nightshade ~/Manifests$ guix describe
Generation 23	Jun 12 2020 17:23:54	(current)
  guix 9ae4bd0
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 9ae4bd0b77db21d3e352560511d974bcc15df5db

MY SYSTEM INFO

christopher@nightshade 
---------------------- 
OS: Guix System 9ae4bd0b77db21d3e352560511d974bcc15df5db x86_64 
Host: GA-880GM-UD2H 
Kernel: 5.4.43-gnu 
Uptime: 2 days, 3 hours, 21 mins 
Packages: 60 (guix-system), 149 (guix-user) 
Shell: bash 5.0.16 
Resolution: 1920x1200 
DE: GNOME 
Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3] 
Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3] 
Terminal: .gnome-terminal 
CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 455 (3) @ 3.300GHz 
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS Rev. 3 
Memory: 3882MiB / 7960MiB 

-- 
Christopher Howard
p: +1 (907) 374-0257
w: https://librehacker.com
social: https://gnusocial.club/librehacker
gpg: ADDEAADE5D607C8D (keys.gnupg.net)