Subject: Re: [bug#41828] [PATCH 0/2] Branching and rebuilding strategy changes

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 03:17:16 +0200

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> This pull request adds a reduced 'staging' jobset to Cuirass, to
> prevent needless rebuilds outside of the freeze cycles.
>
> It also adjusts the documentation to more closely match the current
> staging and core-updates practices.
>
> Marius Bakke (2):
>   ci: Add a 'staging' jobset.
>   doc: Adjust branching and rebuilding strategy to match reality.

I decided to scrap patch 1/2 in this series.  Partly because it would
not work as-is, and partly because I got another idea: instead of the
reduced jobset, we can limit it to x86_64 only.  That way we get
substitutes for developers, but avoid the expensive and often needless
rebuilds on other architectures.

I will be doing that from here on in between freeze cycles.

The other patch was pushed in bb9a99e6571c492d30f95c5b51ead6861d1dc098.