Subject: bug#41827: lib2geom fails tests on i686-linux

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 15:19:52 -0400

Hello Marius,

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> lib2geom fails several tests on i686-linux:
>>
>> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/log/h3d9i8jqygnc3qvcd83c678kzmr5p4b7-lib2geom-1.0-1.42e119d
>>
>> This is a dependency of Inkscape 1.0.
>
> The same tests also fail on aarch64-linux:
>
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/log/rq7d8y0b8cv7ils7wd3fq97br8j3d4xz-lib2geom-1.0-1.42e119d
>
> armhf-linux and x86_64-linux seems fine.

I had a quick look of the output, and it seems the failures are due to
comparison of inexact numbers.  A quick idea would be to make sure that
the test suite is making use of Googletest's floating point comparison
macros, which are designed to handle variations on floats [0].

If that's the flaw, we sould implement a patch and contribute it to
upstream.

Maxim