Subject: bug#41821: 28.0.50; read-directory-name in vc commands should provide defaults from projects

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 01:42:45 +0300

On 29.06.2020 00:49, Juri Linkov wrote:
>>>> both the name and the docstring need to be changed
>>> I can't believe that you renamed project-known-roots to
>>> project-known-project-roots.  Why duplicate prefixes 'project-'?
>>
>> To emphasize that the roots belong to different projects, and not the
>> current one.
> 
> Oh, I see that project can have several roots with project-roots and
> project-external-roots.

project-roots is now obsolete, but the external roots are still here.

> But still would it be possible to deuglify the
> name project-known-project-roots?  Maybe project-all-known-roots?

Is it so really so ugly? Note that we already have 
project-prompt-project-dir and project-switch-project (an interactive 
command).

project-all-known-roots is better, but still quite reminiscent of an 
all-known-roots slots on a "project struct". You wouldn't mistake 
project-known-project-roots for such.