Subject: [bug#41804] ISO image & HFS+ tree

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 23:14:42 +0200

Hi Mathieu,

thanks for On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 16:24:48 +0200
Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Here's a patch that disables HFS+ tree production, and the solves the
> problem above.

Thanks for the investigation and fix!

What do you think about putting the comment into the source code?

;; Producing an HFS tree via "mbr_hfs" would fail if a directory has more than
;; 30720 files. The xorriso error message is:
;; xorriso : UPDATE :  434919 files added in 18 seconds
;; libisofs: FAILURE : HFS+ map nodes aren't implemented
;; libisofs: FAILURE : Too much files to mangle, cannot guarantee unique file
;; names.
;; So we use "mbr_only" mode to make sure that no HFS+ tree is generated.
'(("MKRESCUE_SED_MODE" . "mbr_only")))))))

You can remove it from the commit message, or not (I would).

In any case I'd rather not have to read the source code *and* all commit
messages once some problem appears.

I think it's as important to know what not to do as it is to know what is
possible--especially for something as obscure as that.

So I for one would welcome a comment in the source code of what already
caused problems, even re-adding the problem as a comment.

Otherwise LGTM!