Subject: [PATCH] Yggdrasil package and accompanying shepherd service (mesh network)

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 01:09:42 +0200

Hi,

I went ahead and pushed your first four patches with changes. I'll need
you to work a bit more before I can push the rest.

I've added a copyright line for you in golang.scm.

For the rest of the packages, could you split all your patches into
one patch per package?  For each package, please run "guix lint" and
fix any issue (except for archival, you can't do anything about it).
This includes: using (file-name (git-file-name name version)) inside
the origin record, making sure the synopsis doesn't start with "A", and
the description ends with a full stop.

I also changed you commit messages: don't include the version number
for added packages and add a full stop at the end of messages.

For yggdrasil, please grep for dist_PATCH_DATA in the git log, you'll
find examples of good commit messages :)

For the service, changes to the documentation are usually made in the
same patch, so could you please merge your last three patches? I don't
know if we can use guile-json directly in a service definition without
causing troubles for people who have different versions of guile-json
in their profile already. I'll have to ask people who are more
knowledgeable than me!

To chown the socket, you'll need an activation service type (if the
socket survives restarts of yggdrasil), or to change the start action
of the shepherd service type.

Your changes to the documentation look good, but incomplete.

Could you rebase and send updated patches for the rest of this series?

Thank you!