Subject: bug#41768: closed (Re: x265 fails to build on i686)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 18:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#41768: x265 fails to build on i686

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
41768: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41768
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: x265 fails to build on i686
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 20:47:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Since commit bec45e6ddb0fd8b8feff3c0147936e4d8f41208d, 'x265' fails to
> build on i686:

I worked around this in d32a3b395c4b9926316779aecec4e5e02ad571ef by
removing the nasm input on i686.

Subject: x265 fails to build on i686
From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 23:54:45 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Since commit bec45e6ddb0fd8b8feff3c0147936e4d8f41208d, 'x265' fails to
build on i686:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[ 29%] Building ASM_NASM object common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/x86/ssd-a.asm.o
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:827: error: invalid combination of opcode and operands
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:119: ... from macro `SSD_ONE' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1373: ... from macro `movq' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1225: ... from macro `RUN_AVX_INSTR' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:828: error: invalid combination of opcode and operands
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:119: ... from macro `SSD_ONE' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1373: ... from macro `movq' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1225: ... from macro `RUN_AVX_INSTR' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:829: error: invalid combination of opcode and operands
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:119: ... from macro `SSD_ONE' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1373: ... from macro `movq' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1225: ... from macro `RUN_AVX_INSTR' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:832: error: invalid combination of opcode and operands
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:119: ... from macro `SSD_ONE' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1373: ... from macro `movq' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1225: ... from macro `RUN_AVX_INSTR' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:833: error: invalid combination of opcode and operands
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:119: ... from macro `SSD_ONE' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1373: ... from macro `movq' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1225: ... from macro `RUN_AVX_INSTR' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:843: error: invalid combination of opcode and operands
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:262: ... from macro `SSD_ONE_SS_32' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1373: ... from macro `movq' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1225: ... from macro `RUN_AVX_INSTR' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:844: error: invalid combination of opcode and operands
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:348: ... from macro `SSD_ONE_SS_64' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1373: ... from macro `movq' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1225: ... from macro `RUN_AVX_INSTR' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:853: error: invalid combination of opcode and operands
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:130: ... from macro `SSD_ONE' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1373: ... from macro `movq' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1225: ... from macro `RUN_AVX_INSTR' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:854: error: invalid combination of opcode and operands
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/x86/ssd-a.asm:130: ... from macro `SSD_ONE' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1373: ... from macro `movq' defined here
/tmp/guix-build-x265-3.3.drv-0/x265_3.3/source/common/../common/x86/x86inc.asm:1225: ... from macro `RUN_AVX_INSTR' defined here
make[2]: *** [common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/build.make:78: common/CMakeFiles/common.dir/x86/ssd-a.asm.o] Error 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---