Subject: bug#41761: [PATCH] bug#41761: 28.0.50; M-x count-words counts words only up to a field boundary

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 22:27:01 +0300

> From: Daniel Koning <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 14:04:14 -0500
> 
> > I'm not sure I understand the "end of field containing START" part.
> > Supposed the region includes several fields, what would the previous
> > code do?
> 
> It would only count the words between START and the next field boundary,
> no matter how many fields came after that. (For START, substitute "the
> beginning of the region" or "the beginning of the buffer" if it was
> called interactively.)

Thanks, then how about this NEWS entry:

  'count-words' now crosses field boundaries.
  Originally, 'count-words' would stop counting at the first field
  boundary it encountered; now it keeps counting all the way to the
  region's (or buffer's) end.