Subject: Re: bug#41745: 28.0.50; problem with json file and which-function on pretest an master

From: andrés ramírez <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 16:44:33 +0000

Hi Basil.

>>>>> "Basil" == Basil L Contovounesios <[email-masked]> writes:

    Basil> Could you try commenting-out parts of your configuration, perhaps by recursively
    Basil> bisecting it, to narrow down which parts of it give rise to the error?

Yes. I Could. And probably I am goint to do so. I the meanttime I just
change to fundamental-mode or visit-file-literally. 

    Basil> I'm confused; are these the entire contents of the file sale_line_grammar.json that is
    Basil> mentioned in the backtrace?

Yes. It is the entire content.

    Basil> Is this some sort of templating syntax that is replaced with
    Basil> valid JSON later on?

Yes. It is. I have a parser(yacc|bison) that does the job.

    Basil>If so, this issue is more about js-mode or whichever other major
    Basil> mode you may be using, rather than JSON.  What does C-h v major-mode RET tell you when
    Basil> you're visiting this file?

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
http://0x0.st/iVZc.png
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

    Basil> I tried the following with both emacs-27 and master and didn't run into any errors:

    Basil> 0. emacs -Q 1. C-x C-f /tmp/sale_line_grammar.json RET 2. M-> 3. M-x delete-backward-char
    Basil> RET 4. C-x z z z z z z z z

Thanks fro trying it.

Best