Subject: bug#41740: closed (Re: bug#41740: 26.1; completion-at-point fails in the Pascal mode)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 08:01:01 +0000

Your bug report

#41740: 26.1; completion-at-point fails in the Pacal mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
41740: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41740
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#41740: 26.1; completion-at-point fails in the Pascal mode
From: Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
To: Shinichi Sakata <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 10:00:18 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

22 juni 2020 kl. 00.08 skrev Shinichi Sakata <[email-masked]>:
> 
> Thanks Mattias! Yes, the patches have fixed the problem. Thanks again for your help!

Good to hear -- pushed to master.

Subject: 26.1; completion-at-point fails in the Pacal mode
From: Shinichi Sakata <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 10:46:37 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 Use of C-M-i (completion-at-point) in the Pascal mode results in errors.

Here is a way to reproduce the problem:

   1. Start emacs by "emacs -Q".
   2. Open a new file with extension "pas" (say, test.pas).
   3. Type in: program test; var and then use C-M-i.

This should yields an error message like:

   completion--some: Args out of range: #("var" 0 3 (fontified t face
font-lock-type-face)), 0, -14
In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5)
 of 2019-09-22, modified by Debian built on x86-grnet-01
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Recent messages:
Auto-saving...
Mark set [2 times]
Saving file /home/ssakata/codesignal/pascal/test.pas...
Wrote /home/ssakata/codesignal/pascal/test.pas
pascal-completion: End of buffer [6 times]
completion--some: Args out of range: #("var" 0 3 (fontified t face
font-lock-type-face)), 0, -14
pascal-completion: End of buffer
No match [7 times]
completion--some: Args out of range: #("in" 0 2 (fontified t face
font-lock-keyword-face)), 0, -25
Quit

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --build
 x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-StqULU/emacs-26.1+1=.
-fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Pascal

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git diff-mode easymenu
easy-mmode pascal elec-pair time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 100828 15914)
 (symbols 48 20975 1)
 (miscs 40 58 270)
 (strings 32 30377 1460)
 (string-bytes 1 794739)
 (vectors 16 15486)
 (vector-slots 8 506994 9878)
 (floats 8 53 384)
 (intervals 56 424 0)
 (buffers 992 14))