Subject: [bug#41735] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Add openssh-no-x.

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 15:19:11 +0200

Mathieu Othacehe writes:

Hi Mathieu,

> I just did push the serie, so I think you could maybe adapt the openssh
> package used by the Hurd and remove the snippet above, if it's ok for
> you?

Yes, sure; I'm right on it.

I just sent my final patch set for wip-hurd-vm, still using plain
"openssh" -- will create an and test updated patch.

>> Not to hold this up and maybe we should take this discussion
>> elsewhere...but I have a ~5y old, bit-rotting stack of LilyPond cross
>> build packages (foo-SANS-X) laying around.  At the time--much to my
>> suprise--I found the LilyPond community less than enthousiastic to move
>> their binary package builds to Guix (yet); but adding these -NO-X
>> packages felt a bit weird.  So, I wonder if we could address the X'yness
>> of packages in a more structured way, that would be nice...
>
> Yes I share your concerns on that one, sadly I don't have much better to
> propose, and I think it's important to have a bare-bones template as
> minimal as possible. Anyway, this is not a big hack and it will be easy
> to revert it if we find a better way.

Okay...I'm sure this will come around another time.

Janneke

-- 
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com