Subject: Re: [bug#41731] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-flymake-shellcheck.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 09:44:56 +0200

Hello,

Fredrik Salomonsson <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-flymake-shellcheck): New variable.

Thank you. Some comments follow.

> +      (propagated-inputs
> +       `(("shellcheck" ,shellcheck)))

I don't think we should do that. It is up to the user to install
ShellCheck if they want.

For example, installing `emacs-flycheck-haskell' doesn't pull GHC in
user's profile.

> +      (home-page "https://github.com/federicotdn/flymake-shellcheck")
> +      (synopsis "Flymake backend for Bash/Sh powered by ShellCheck")
> +      (description
> +       "This package provides a backend for Flymake (emacs-26+) to use the

Nitpick: you can remove the (emacs-26+) part.

> +tool @command{shellcheck} for static analyzing @command{bash} and @command{sh}

Nitpick: since you seem to talk about the tool as a whole, I suggest:

  @command{shellcheck} -> ShellCheck

> +scripts.  Please see the description on @command{shellcheck} for more
> +information on what it can do."

I think you can remove the last sentence.

Could you send an updated patch?

Regards,

-- 
Nicolas Goaziou