Subject: Re: bug#41691: [PATCH] Add bookmark-jump-other-tab

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 17:35:15 +0300

> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 01:00:01 +0300
> 
> >> > Now here is a patch for doing the same for a new window with
> >> > 'C-x 4 4', and a new frame with 'C-x 5 5':
> >> 
> >> Pushed to master.  There is also a new command 'same-window-prefix',
> >> but it's currently unbound.  What would be a good keybinding?
> >> Maybe 'C-x 4 1'?
> >
> > Please be sure to call out these changes in NEWS, and possibly also in
> > the ELisp manual.
> 
> These changes were already in NEWS

IMNSHO, insufficiently so.  The Lisp-level aspects of this are not
described, AFAICT, and the fact that this is a prefix command isn't
explained.  This is going to be a major feature (or at least it can
be), so a single sentence is barely enough to describe it in NEWS.

Can we please improve the description of these new features?