Subject: [bug#41688] [PATCH] Add rsyslog

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2022 21:51:49 +0100

Katherine Cox-Buday <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think we should unbundle the outputs once more -- even if they must
> become separate packages.

If we can build the plugins separately (and arrange for rsyslog to find
them via some search path) I’d be happy to see them moved to their own
packages.  Having them as separate outputs would only help a little as
you’d still need to have *all* the inputs ready to build the thing, even
if you just want to use one of the many plugins.

>> Now I guess we’ll need an rsyslog service :)
>
> I'm working[1] on it! Although it is frustrating at how little time I have to dedicate to things like this :(

Excellent, I’m looking forward to a service!  Perhaps we could also use
the existing syslog service with it if that service allows us to pass a
plain configuration file.  It should already let us swap out the syslog
package.

-- 
Ricardo