Subject: [bug#41679] [PATCH] gnu: Update protonvpn-cli to 2.2.4

From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 23:18:21 +0200

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for the patch!

Ryan Prior <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/vpn.scm (protonvpn-cli): Update to 2.2.4
> ---
>  gnu/packages/vpn.scm | 8 +++++---
>  1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

The update is fine, but that package is missing several dependencies, at
least: python-jinja2, coreutils and iproute. Try running it in a pure
environment and it will crash “guix environment --pure --container
--ad-hoc protonvpn-cli -- protonvpn -h”.

Searching the source for “subprocess.run” I find call to other binaries
which aren't listed as dependencies. Could you wrap the “protonvpn”
binary with the “PATH” of all the binaries it uses to avoid propagating
a whole lot of packages. Probably only “python-jinja2” should be
propagated.

- Brice