Subject: bug#41668: closed (Re: bug#41668: Failing test: gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 07:33:01 +0000

Your bug report

#41668: Failing test: gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
41668: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41668
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#41668: Failing test: gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted
From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 09:32:45 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

> Is it deterministic?  Same story with “gui-installed-os”?
>
> I guess we can add more ‘syslog’ statements in the installer around the
> place where we restart services.  Or we could run the installer entirely
> under strace.

Now that the installation is done in a container, this one doesn't show
up anymore. I also added further fixes with
3ad68ec251a008d6f5875f9235e75f5ce6399f15.

All the installation tests are now operational.

Thanks,

Mathieu

Subject: Failing test: gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted
From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 18:52:04 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix,

For some time now the system test 'gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted'
doesn't succeed, the last time it passed was 2020-04-11[0]. This is
problematic since it exercise a lot of packages and thus can be used to
test those packages. Ludovic attempted to fixed it[1] but it didn't 
fixed
the test on my side.

[0]: 
http://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted+system%3Ax86_64-linux+spec%3Aguix-master+status%3Asuccess
[1]: https://issues.guix.info/40790#7

- Brice