Subject: Re: bug#41668: Failing test: gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 17:40:52 +0200

Hey,

>> There is now a final issue, where the command restarting "guix-daemon"
>> in "umount-cow-store" hangs forever. I can only reproduce it in
>> "gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted" test. I wonder if it's a Shepherd
>> bug or anything else. I'll keep digging.
>
> If I can be of any help, we can chat on IRC.
>
> Great work already!

Thanks :) I'm a bit clueless about this one. Here's the output:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/pz0h29lwddwv8iq755xbkp4jbrj645f6-install-bootloader.scm.drv
   /gnu/store/6fbpimwxl85b62rcxd9plk1mf1jb7hvy-module-import-compiled.drv
   /gnu/store/978myg8v0as05r07dzq8m4nlfj5cmkn6-module-import.drv
building /gnu/store/978myg8v0as05r07dzq8m4nlfj5cmkn6-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/6fbpimwxl85b62rcxd9plk1mf1jb7hvy-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/pz0h29lwddwv8iq755xbkp4jbrj645f6-install-bootloader.scm.drv...
guix system: bootloader successfully installed on '/dev/vda'

Press Enter to contiJun 16 17:30:08 localhost installer[231]: command ("guix" "system" "init" "--fallback" "--no-grafts" "--no-substitutes" "/mnt/etc/config.scm" "/mnt") succeeded nue.
conversation expecting p
attern ((quote installation-complete))
Jun 16 17:30:10 localhost shepherd[1]: Service cow-store has been stopped.
Jun 16 17:30:10 localhost installer[231]: Unmounting cow-store.
Jun 16 17:30:10 localhost shepherd[1]: Service guix-daemon has been stopped.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and it hangs forever. Looks like the guix-daemon restart could be the
issue as it's the last thing that is logged. But hard to say for
sure. I cannot reproduce it while installing manually a system with all
DE and services enabled.

Having an ssh access to this VM would be nice, but I think you already
told me it was not possible. If you have any other idea, it would be
great :)

Thanks,

Mathieu