Subject: Re: bug#41668: Failing test: gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 18:16:43 +0200

Hello,

Some status here.

> * The cow-store issue here:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2020-06/msg00043.html.

This should be fixed with 876a8d987085b8c64f32c8a320e4219575af285c.
>
> * A new issue I discovered, whereby 'guix system init' try to
> build/download stuff, when it shouldn't:

This is fixed by ea5d9bf9916d532005842f220f7da6e522151f6a.

Regarding the initial OOM issue, this is no longer a thing because we
are building the image on the host (and not in a VM with limited
memory).

I discovered another issue, related to HFS+ limits when producing the
ISO image, this is fixed by: fd1e885236fcec0aec1e3293153524f02b010560.

There is now a final issue, where the command restarting "guix-daemon"
in "umount-cow-store" hangs forever. I can only reproduce it in
"gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted" test. I wonder if it's a Shepherd
bug or anything else. I'll keep digging.

Thanks,

Mathieu