Subject: bug#41668: Failing test: gui-installed-desktop-os-encrypted

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 16:24:01 +0200

Hi,

Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> skribis:

> my CI setup for work automatically mails me failures.
>
> It would be really nice to have that for guix master eventually, too.
> Maybe just mail failures to guix-devel as they happen.
>
> I don't check https://ci.guix.gnu.org/ so often, and even when I do the jobset
> names are kinda weird there, and there's too few stuff on one page--and just in
> general there's no good overview on there.  I mean I can search, but a server
> can just automate that and just send me the results as they happen.
>
> It could also automatically mail failures to the last commiters of the source
> files that are relevant--but that's probably difficult to implement.

Yeah, Hydra could do that on status change (success -> failure and vice versa).

IRC notifications might also be nice.  Or Mastodon.

There’s always a risk of flood though, at which point people stop paying
attention to those notifications.

Thanks,
Ludo’.