Subject: Re: bug#41659: 28.0.50; smime: encryption uses now base64, message not readable

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 17:10:59 +0200

>>> "LI" == Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

   > Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
   >>> OK, this should bow be fixed in Emacs 28.  I think it would make sense
   >>> to cherry-pick this for Emacs 27.1; does that look OK with you, Eli?
   >> 
   >> Yes, thanks.

   > OK; done.  And with that, I'm closing this bug report, but somebody
   > should really go through the entire S/MIME setup process in Message,
   > because it's not at all obvious how all this is supposed to work.  For
   > instance, bits of the setup defaults to epg, and other bits default to
   > gpg, meaning that nothing works out of the box.

Right, I recall it was a bit of an ordeal to figure it out. I think
either in emacs wiki there is some information (maybe even I added it),
but maybe also in the homepage of the epa author Daiki Ueno I found some
useful information.

Maybe one should add that to info?
I could try to do that in the coming weeks, when I have a bit more time
free, but maybe Lars wants to do that himself, or Daiki Ueno.