Subject: Error with RCS Version Control in TRAMP.

From: Bruno Vasconcelos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 21:58:08 -0300

Use of C-v-v key stroke for vc-next-action in a already registered file
with RCS Version Control during a TRAMP session, which returnes error
message that file was already registered, while it should excel a
vc-rcs-checkin maybe.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5)
 of 2020-05-29 built on maybus
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mailutils'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debugger

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-print debug
vc-filewise vc-mtn vc-hg vc-git diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs vc vc-dispatcher dired-aux files-x noutline outline
image-file tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete parse-time format-spec elec-pair
bookmark+ bookmark+-key easy-mmode advice derived dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs bookmark+-1 bookmark+-bmu help-mode bookmark+-lit
bookmark pp compile comint ansi-color ring url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
mailcap wheatgrass-theme paren time cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit
windmove savehist edmacro kmacro finder-inf info tex-site package
easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 507066 25241)
 (symbols 48 34200 1)
 (miscs 40 151 339)
 (strings 32 121010 3114)
 (string-bytes 1 3082945)
 (vectors 16 55099)
 (vector-slots 8 993621 34030)
 (floats 8 95 224)
 (intervals 56 5259 0)
 (buffers 992 23))

*Debug message:Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "This file is already
registered")  signal(error ("This file is already registered"))
error("This file is already registered")  vc-register((RCS
("/scp:[email-masked]#2222:/home/user/Teste/Teste01.txt
<http://scp:[email-masked]#2222:/home/user/Teste/Teste01.txt>")
("/scp:[email-masked]#2222:/home/user/Teste/Teste01.txt
<http://scp:[email-masked]#2222:/home/user/Teste/Teste01.txt>")
unregistered locking))  vc-next-action(nil)
funcall-interactively(vc-next-action nil)
call-interactively(vc-next-action nil nil)  command-execute(vc-next-action)*