Subject: [bug#41648] [PATCH 0/2] JamVM: Add aarch64-linux support

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 21:35:17 +0300

On Tue, Jun 02, 2020 at 12:04:15PM -0400, Simon South wrote:
> Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> writes:
> > Can you test running bootstrap on jamvm-1-bootstrap (and jamvm@2) and
> > see if that negates the need for an older version of glibc and gcc on
> > other platforms?
> 
> I've tested this on x86_64 (building with a current gcc and glibc) and
> it doesn't work: I get the same "Illegal instruction" error during the
> configure phase of IcedTea.
> 
> I'll do a bit of investigation and see if I can get it working normally
> on that platform, or come up with a different solution.

It can wait for whenever. I'm pretty sure autoconf and friends were
already in the bootstrap chain before icedtea and it would be nice to
get the older glibc and gcc out but I'd personally prioritize getting it
working on more architectures first. Thanks for checking.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted