Subject: Re: bug#41633: Prompts incorrect for multi-occur and multi-isearch when using fido-mode

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 21:57:55 +0100

Andrew Schwartzmeyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Anyway, I’d suggest applying this patch for now, and then figuring out
> how to fix the check for ido.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the report.  I don't have anything to comment here
specifically, since I'm not familiar with the modes that you propose
patching, so let's wait for someone more knowledgeable with those modes.

However, at first sight, it doesn't seem to be particularly off the
mark, except that a user might change that binding and break it.  Maybe
a better, more generic fix would be ask the current minibuffer for the
answer, perhaps by searching the keymap for the keybinding that maps to
a command symbol that has a certain property set on it (and then
fido-mode and ido-mode would play ball).  But maybe that's too
complex...

João

PS: It's fine to include me in your bug report to call my attention
(indeed I encourage you to do so).  However, the manner in which you
must do so is a bit counter-intuitive: you should avoid "CC:" in the
mail you send to [email-masked], because if you do and I then
"reply to all", it'll just cause another bug report, and not the effect
you intend.  If your mail client allows it, use "X-Debbugs-CC:" instead.
Alternatively, you can forward me the email that you get (usually within
minutes) from <bug-number>@debbugs.gnu.org.