Subject: bug#41632: Bug report for Guix 1.1.0

From: Jackson Seal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 13:36:08 -0400

I installed guix on a debian 10 VPS with the following:
cd /tmp wget
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/plain/etc/guix-install.sh chmod
+x guix-install.sh ./guix-install.sh

I ran guix install nginx then ran guix pull

~ $ guix pull
Migrating profile generations to '/var/guix/profiles/per-user/jackson'...
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   9f6efa1
substitute:
/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/x5nhgnwzhcw98f4zbzsrswirbq6bjb0g-libgcrypt-1.8.4.
..
 libgcrypt-1.8.4  514KiB
                       1.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%

/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/sx3097zhnrpa0y4i9r4zk4dcsgg1zw5n-guile-gcrypt-0.2.1.
..
 guile-gcrypt-0.2.1  102KiB
                      479KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%

substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
applying 1 graft for
/gnu/store/s1192yml13s13hjalkfmqbyc49wbm78p-guile-gcrypt-0.2.1.drv...
building /gnu/store/vb3r3mfsc1vs6bqnb5d1xiylkzw8p7w4-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/k8a3waixwyp4av3i39bv0d4dz0iaiziw-git.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/ci9n9sj79rqd39msmcxkf56zdsfi3fp0-hash.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/1gxw16xwzvlsbyd4bfd9q3dc28xqhpzf-module-import.drv...
building
/gnu/store/j0xyaq7r9f023mvzmf4x4rzf9gcx3187-module-import-compiled.drv...
/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
building
/gnu/store/gychwa5pxm50dyp0m1809r49pg1n99fr-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... \
|

-
-guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/yxymqs3dj744jgqba7nsaly313v2rmdr-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"9f6efa117cd309cb9b467b96dd2d6bb472df7abb"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.1.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.