Subject: bug#41632: closed (Re: bug#41632: Bug report for Guix 1.1.0)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 16:13:03 +0000

Your bug report

#41632: Bug report for Guix 1.1.0

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
41632: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41632
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#41632: Bug report for Guix 1.1.0
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Jackson Seal <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 18:11:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Jackson Seal <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I ran the command a few times, and got the same error each time. I have
> since wiped my VPS so I might not be able to assist in further debugging.

Alright, closing.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: Bug report for Guix 1.1.0
From: Jackson Seal <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 13:36:08 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I installed guix on a debian 10 VPS with the following:
cd /tmp wget
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/plain/etc/guix-install.sh chmod
+x guix-install.sh ./guix-install.sh

I ran guix install nginx then ran guix pull

~ $ guix pull
Migrating profile generations to '/var/guix/profiles/per-user/jackson'...
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   9f6efa1
substitute:
/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/x5nhgnwzhcw98f4zbzsrswirbq6bjb0g-libgcrypt-1.8.4.
..
 libgcrypt-1.8.4  514KiB
                       1.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%

/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/nar/lzip/sx3097zhnrpa0y4i9r4zk4dcsgg1zw5n-guile-gcrypt-0.2.1.
..
 guile-gcrypt-0.2.1  102KiB
                      479KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%

substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
applying 1 graft for
/gnu/store/s1192yml13s13hjalkfmqbyc49wbm78p-guile-gcrypt-0.2.1.drv...
building /gnu/store/vb3r3mfsc1vs6bqnb5d1xiylkzw8p7w4-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/k8a3waixwyp4av3i39bv0d4dz0iaiziw-git.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/ci9n9sj79rqd39msmcxkf56zdsfi3fp0-hash.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/1gxw16xwzvlsbyd4bfd9q3dc28xqhpzf-module-import.drv...
building
/gnu/store/j0xyaq7r9f023mvzmf4x4rzf9gcx3187-module-import-compiled.drv...
/gnu/store/29jhbbg1hf557x8j53f9sxd9imlmf02a-bash-minimal-5.0.7/bin/bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_US.utf8)
building
/gnu/store/gychwa5pxm50dyp0m1809r49pg1n99fr-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... \
|

-
-guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/yxymqs3dj744jgqba7nsaly313v2rmdr-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"9f6efa117cd309cb9b467b96dd2d6bb472df7abb"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.1.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report it by email to <[email-masked]>.