Subject: bug#41624: 28.0.50; wdired-change-to-wdired-mode sometimes infloops

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 21:46:12 +0200

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> I found out that the infloop can be fixed easily if we change
> `find-dired-sentinel' to let the buffer end in a newline.

[...]

>> Then I can change permissions with wdired, I only still get the
>> inappropriate message that it would have failed, though it has
>> succeeded.
>
> Hah, and this issue is also present in a "standard" dired buffer.
>
> So, apart from the missing newline at the end of the find-dired buffer,
> I see no difference to regular dired buffers.

Ah, then I think this should indeed be fixed (changing
`find-dired-sentinel' sounds good to me).  Are you pushing a fix for
this?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no