Subject: bug#41622: [PATCH] tests: Change gnulib commit to compile make check

From: Colton Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 18:17:23 -0500

When I ran make check after building the master branch commit
aefd434e, I got a compilation error.

test-explicit_bzero.c:132:1: error: no previous declaration for
'do_secret_stuff' [-Werror=missing-declarations]
  132 | do_secret_stuff (volatile int pass)
      | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
test-explicit_bzero.c:148:1: error: no previous declaration for
'test_stack' [-Werror=missing-declarations]
  148 | test_stack (void)
      | ^~~~~~~~~~

I noticed the gnulib repo had a detached HEAD at b3c04ecec. I tried
switching the gnulib repo to master and running make check again. I
got a different error.

test-sameacls.c: In function 'main':
test-sameacls.c:58:17: error: too many arguments to function 'read_file'
   58 |     contents1 = read_file (file1, 0, &size1);
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~
In file included from test-sameacls.c:36:
../lib/read-file.h:29:14: note: declared here
   29 | extern char *read_file (const char *filename, size_t * length);
      |              ^~~~~~~~~
test-sameacls.c:65:17: error: too many arguments to function 'read_file'
   65 |     contents2 = read_file (file2, 0, &size2);
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~
In file included from test-sameacls.c:36:
../lib/read-file.h:29:14: note: declared here
   29 | extern char *read_file (const char *filename, size_t * length);
      |              ^~~~~~~~~

Here, coreutils and gnulib having conflicting declarations of
read_file and the wrong one is included. This may require future
changes.

Poking around in the git logs for gnulib, I found commit a305580f,
which fixes the first problem before introducing the second.

File test-explicit_bzero.c now declares do_secret_stuff and test_stack
static to appease -Werror=missing-declarations.
---
 gnulib | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gnulib b/gnulib
index b3c04ecec..a305580f0 160000
--- a/gnulib
+++ b/gnulib
@@ -1 +1 @@
-Subproject commit b3c04ecec58ea687423f5c709410e6ecee4abd9b
+Subproject commit a305580f09ada2674c0509389b1674c7b32dce67
-- 
2.26.2