Subject: bug#41613: 26.1; ps-paper-type does not change page size

From: Marvin ‘quintus’ Gülker<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 16:01:15 +0200

Personally, I have worked around this problem by now. I use org-mode to
export my document to LaTeX. org-mode can be used with the KOMA-Script
classes, which in turn support outputting nearly any imaginable paper
size. In my org document, I then simply set the `LATEX_CLASS_OPTIONS'
option to the paper size I want. org-mode picks it up on exporting and
LaTeX then creates a document of the size I wish it to have.

That being said, it's a workaround. It's good enough for me, but YMMV.

Am Donnerstag, dem 22. Oktober 2020 schrieb Richard Stallman:
> I agree that this isn't a bug in Emacs's code.  But is the
> documentation perhaps prone to misunderstanding?  Would clarifying it
> be useful?

I (being not an English native speaker) interpreted it to mean that it
changes the paper size, but appearently other people think it means
something different. I have had other bugs closed because I am
appearently quite talented in misreading documentation, so please don't
take my interpretation as authoritative.

  -quintus

-- 
Dipl.-Jur. M. Gülker | https://mg.guelker.eu |    For security:
Passau, Germany      | [email-masked]    | () Avoid HTML e-mail
European Union       | PGP: see homepage     | /\ http://asciiribbon.org