Subject: Re: bug#41607: Deleted store items are not actually deleted

From: Chris Marusich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 00:43:48 -0700

Hi zimoun,

zimoun <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 at 03:31, Chris Marusich <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I have committed the fix in d445c30ea6 and updated the guix package
>> definition in ecbde6505c to ensure that the next time "guix pull" is
>> run, the new guix-daemon version will be used.
>
> Sorry to be late, I have things like that:
>
> [548 MiB] deleting '/gnu/store/dkzivzn17qilmqdfpyps62b395wxhshh-openssl-1.1.1f'
> note: can't create move
> `/gnu/store/dkzivzn17qilmqdfpyps62b395wxhshh-openssl-1.1 unable to
> rename `/gnu/store/dkzivzn17qilmqdfpyps62b395wxhshh-openssl-1.1.1f' to
> `/gnu/store/trash/dkzivzn17qilmqdfpyps62b395wxhshh-openssl-1.1.1f':
> Invalid cross-device link
> [553 MiB] deleting '/gnu/store/yaajjri3cks8rhkb29z08d3q5waww0dx-packages.scm'

That looks normal to me.  Previously, the cross-device link error would
be silently ignored and the directory would not be deleted - no message
would be printed about the cross-device link error.

Now, however, the cross-device link error is reported, and the directory
is deleted.  If you find that the directory is not actually deleted,
please let me know so I can look into it more.  When I tested it on my
end, the directory was in fact deleted.

-- 
Chris