Subject: bug#41600: closed (Re: bug#41600: 28.0.50; 28.0.50; The builtin project.el hardcoded project-list path which makes no-littering failed to work)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 21:37:02 +0000

Your bug report

#41600: 28.0.50; 28.0.50; The builtin project.el hardcoded project-list path which makes no-littering failed to work

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
41600: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41600
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#41600: 28.0.50; 28.0.50; The builtin project.el hardcoded project-list path which makes no-littering failed to work
From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
To: Zhiwei Chen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 00:35:57 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 28.1

On 29.05.2020 16:42, Zhiwei Chen wrote:
> To repreduce:
> 
>    emacs -Q
>    M-x project-switch-project RET
>    C-x C-c
> 
> There will be a littering file in ~/.emacs.d/project-list. The hardcoded
> project-list path will disallow no-littering to customize to keep
> ~/.emacs.d clean.

Thanks for the report. Now fixed in master.

Subject: 28.0.50; 28.0.50; The builtin project.el hardcoded project-list path which makes no-littering failed to work
From: Zhiwei Chen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 21:42:31 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To repreduce:

   emacs -Q
   M-x project-switch-project RET
   C-x C-c

There will be a littering file in ~/.emacs.d/project-list. The 
hardcoded
project-list path will disallow no-littering to customize to keep
~/.emacs.d clean.

https://github.com/emacscollective/no-littering

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.20, cairo version 1.17.3)
 of 2020-05-29 built on lilydjwg
Repository revision: df4991093b94ccc48255a0387a98c536962fd0a7
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12008000
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Loading compile...done
Loading ispell...done
Loading dired...done
Reading bookmarks from: /home/condy/.emacs.d/var/bm-repository.el
Transient menu for ‘rg’ enabled with key binding: C-c s
(org-roam) files: 0, links: 0, tags: 0, titles: 0, refs: 0, 
deleted: 0
Loading /home/condy/.emacs.d/var/recentf-save.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man 
--with-gameuser=:games
--with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf 
--without-gsettings
--with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d --without-compress-install
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -flto'
CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY 
INOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD 
JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: mu4e:main

Minor modes in effect:
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  counsel-projectile-mode: t
  global-atomic-chrome-edit-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  org-roam-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  shackle-mode: t
  global-evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  overwrite-mode: overwrite-mode-binary

Load-path shadows:
/home/condy/.emacs.d/elpa/ocp-indent-20190726.1452/ocp-indent 
hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ocp-indent
/home/condy/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20190710.1319/cmake-mode 
hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode

Features:
(shadow emacsbug mule-util webpaste request url url-proxy 
url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap evil-collection-magit
evil-magit magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete 
magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull 
magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process 
magit-mode
git-commit magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm
evil-collection-log-edit log-edit pcvs-util add-log with-editor
async-bytecomp async server rmsbolt rmsbolt-split rmsbolt-java 
disass
cc-defs mu4e desktop frameset mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view 
mu4e-headers
mu4e-compose mu4e-context mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 
smtpmail
sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill mu4e-proc mu4e-utils
evil-collection-doc-view doc-view jka-compr mu4e-lists mu4e-vars 
message
rfc822 mml mml-sec evil-collection-epa epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode 
mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader mu4e-meta display-line-numbers 
linum
org-duration org-superstar ol-eww org-tempo tempo ol-info
evil-collection-vc-git vc-git counsel-projectile
evil-collection-bookmark bookmark text-property-search pp 
atomic-chrome
websocket url-cookie url-domsuf let-alist company-keywords
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
evil-collection-company company lsp-mode url-util spinner pcase
network-stream puny nsm rmc markdown-mode edit-indirect lv inline
evil-collection-imenu imenu ht em-glob dash-functional bindat 
whitespace
projectile evil-collection-flycheck flycheck hideshow paren 
saveplace
autorevert filenotify hl-line so-long evil-collection-dashboard
dashboard dashboard-widgets time recentf tree-widget 
page-break-lines
org-roam org-roam-graph xml org-roam-doctor org-roam-db 
emacsql-sqlite3
emacsql emacsql-compiler org-roam-dailies org-roam-capture
org-roam-completion org-roam-buffer org-roam-macs org-roam-compat
org-habit org-protocol ox-md ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox
org-element avl-tree generator org-capture org-id ob-sql ob-shell
ob-python ob-ocaml ob-awk org-agenda org ob ob-tangle ob-ref 
ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint 
org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date evil-collection-outline
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval 
org-table ol
org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
evil-collection-calendar cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs 
doom-modeline
doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core 
shrink-path
f dash winner evil-collection-which-key which-key rg rg-info-hack
rg-menu transient format-spec rg-ibuffer rg-result wgrep-rg
evil-collection-wgrep wgrep s rg-history rg-header ibuf-ext
evil-collection-ibuffer ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs 
evil-collection-grep
grep avy counsel xdg swiper gcmh shackle trace
evil-collection-unimpaired evil-collection-xref 
evil-collection-vc-dir
evil-collection-term evil-collection-simple 
evil-collection-package-menu
evil-collection-occur evil-collection-ivy evil-collection-info
evil-collection-image image-mode exif evil-collection-help
evil-collection-eshell em-prompt esh-mode 
evil-collection-elisp-mode
evil-collection-dired evil-collection-diff-mode 
evil-collection-custom
evil-collection-compile evil-collection-comint 
evil-collection-buff-menu
evil-collection-bm evil-collection annalist evil-leader 
evil-surround
evil evil-integration undo-tree evil-maps evil-commands reveal 
flyspell
evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex 
shell
pcomplete evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core advice
evil-common windmove thingatpt rect evil-digraphs evil-vars
diff-hl-flydiff diff diff-hl vc-dir ewoc diff-mode hl-todo init
init-shell eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util vterm face-remap term disp-table 
ehelp
vterm-module init-dired dired dired-loaddefs init-mail init-dev 
init-sql
init-elisp init-python init-haskell init-bazel init-ocaml 
init-rust
init-cpp init-macros sh-script smie executable ivy-xref ivy delsel
ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color xref project ispell 
license-autoloads
bm compile comint ansi-color ring init-git vc vc-dispatcher 
init-lsp
init-evil init-tools init-ui doom-themes-ext-org doom-one-theme
doom-themes doom-themes-base init-org doct warnings init-startup
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize
init-base no-littering cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit 
init-core
straight-autoloads cl-extra help-mode straight use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core 
finder-inf rx
edmacro kmacro info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers 
url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init tooltip eldoc 
electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win 
x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu 
font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian 
utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese 
eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic 
indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice 
loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 
md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget 
hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 632264 400774)
 (symbols 48 47395 20)
 (strings 32 195848 53051)
 (string-bytes 1 5853937)
 (vectors 16 84019)
 (vector-slots 8 1651394 311202)
 (floats 8 954 1454)
 (intervals 56 935 392)
 (buffers 992 16))

-- 
Sent from my Emacs.