Subject: 28.0.50; 28.0.50; The builtin project.el hardcoded project-list path which makes no-littering failed to work

From: Zhiwei Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 21:42:31 +0800

To repreduce:

   emacs -Q
   M-x project-switch-project RET
   C-x C-c

There will be a littering file in ~/.emacs.d/project-list. The 
hardcoded
project-list path will disallow no-littering to customize to keep
~/.emacs.d clean.

https://github.com/emacscollective/no-littering

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.20, cairo version 1.17.3)
 of 2020-05-29 built on lilydjwg
Repository revision: df4991093b94ccc48255a0387a98c536962fd0a7
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12008000
System Description: Arch Linux

Recent messages:
Loading compile...done
Loading ispell...done
Loading dired...done
Reading bookmarks from: /home/condy/.emacs.d/var/bm-repository.el
Transient menu for ‘rg’ enabled with key binding: C-c s
(org-roam) files: 0, links: 0, tags: 0, titles: 0, refs: 0, 
deleted: 0
Loading /home/condy/.emacs.d/var/recentf-save.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man 
--with-gameuser=:games
--with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf 
--without-gsettings
--with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d --without-compress-install
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -flto'
CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GLIB NOTIFY 
INOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD 
JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: mu4e:main

Minor modes in effect:
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  counsel-projectile-mode: t
  global-atomic-chrome-edit-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  org-roam-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  shackle-mode: t
  global-evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  evil-collection-unimpaired-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  overwrite-mode: overwrite-mode-binary

Load-path shadows:
/home/condy/.emacs.d/elpa/ocp-indent-20190726.1452/ocp-indent 
hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ocp-indent
/home/condy/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20190710.1319/cmake-mode 
hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode

Features:
(shadow emacsbug mule-util webpaste request url url-proxy 
url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap evil-collection-magit
evil-magit magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-obsolete 
magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull 
magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process 
magit-mode
git-commit magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm
evil-collection-log-edit log-edit pcvs-util add-log with-editor
async-bytecomp async server rmsbolt rmsbolt-split rmsbolt-java 
disass
cc-defs mu4e desktop frameset mu4e-org mu4e-main mu4e-view 
mu4e-headers
mu4e-compose mu4e-context mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 
smtpmail
sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-message flow-fill mu4e-proc mu4e-utils
evil-collection-doc-view doc-view jka-compr mu4e-lists mu4e-vars 
message
rfc822 mml mml-sec evil-collection-epa epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode 
mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader mu4e-meta display-line-numbers 
linum
org-duration org-superstar ol-eww org-tempo tempo ol-info
evil-collection-vc-git vc-git counsel-projectile
evil-collection-bookmark bookmark text-property-search pp 
atomic-chrome
websocket url-cookie url-domsuf let-alist company-keywords
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-capf
evil-collection-company company lsp-mode url-util spinner pcase
network-stream puny nsm rmc markdown-mode edit-indirect lv inline
evil-collection-imenu imenu ht em-glob dash-functional bindat 
whitespace
projectile evil-collection-flycheck flycheck hideshow paren 
saveplace
autorevert filenotify hl-line so-long evil-collection-dashboard
dashboard dashboard-widgets time recentf tree-widget 
page-break-lines
org-roam org-roam-graph xml org-roam-doctor org-roam-db 
emacsql-sqlite3
emacsql emacsql-compiler org-roam-dailies org-roam-capture
org-roam-completion org-roam-buffer org-roam-macs org-roam-compat
org-habit org-protocol ox-md ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox
org-element avl-tree generator org-capture org-id ob-sql ob-shell
ob-python ob-ocaml ob-awk org-agenda org ob ob-tangle ob-ref 
ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint 
org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities time-date evil-collection-outline
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval 
org-table ol
org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func
evil-collection-calendar cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs 
doom-modeline
doom-modeline-segments doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core 
shrink-path
f dash winner evil-collection-which-key which-key rg rg-info-hack
rg-menu transient format-spec rg-ibuffer rg-result wgrep-rg
evil-collection-wgrep wgrep s rg-history rg-header ibuf-ext
evil-collection-ibuffer ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs 
evil-collection-grep
grep avy counsel xdg swiper gcmh shackle trace
evil-collection-unimpaired evil-collection-xref 
evil-collection-vc-dir
evil-collection-term evil-collection-simple 
evil-collection-package-menu
evil-collection-occur evil-collection-ivy evil-collection-info
evil-collection-image image-mode exif evil-collection-help
evil-collection-eshell em-prompt esh-mode 
evil-collection-elisp-mode
evil-collection-dired evil-collection-diff-mode 
evil-collection-custom
evil-collection-compile evil-collection-comint 
evil-collection-buff-menu
evil-collection-bm evil-collection annalist evil-leader 
evil-surround
evil evil-integration undo-tree evil-maps evil-commands reveal 
flyspell
evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex 
shell
pcomplete evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core advice
evil-common windmove thingatpt rect evil-digraphs evil-vars
diff-hl-flydiff diff diff-hl vc-dir ewoc diff-mode hl-todo init
init-shell eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util vterm face-remap term disp-table 
ehelp
vterm-module init-dired dired dired-loaddefs init-mail init-dev 
init-sql
init-elisp init-python init-haskell init-bazel init-ocaml 
init-rust
init-cpp init-macros sh-script smie executable ivy-xref ivy delsel
ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color xref project ispell 
license-autoloads
bm compile comint ansi-color ring init-git vc vc-dispatcher 
init-lsp
init-evil init-tools init-ui doom-themes-ext-org doom-one-theme
doom-themes doom-themes-base init-org doct warnings init-startup
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize
init-base no-littering cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit 
init-core
straight-autoloads cl-extra help-mode straight use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core 
finder-inf rx
edmacro kmacro info package easymenu browse-url url-handlers 
url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib early-init tooltip eldoc 
electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win 
x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu 
font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian 
utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese 
eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic 
indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice 
loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 
md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget 
hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 632264 400774)
 (symbols 48 47395 20)
 (strings 32 195848 53051)
 (string-bytes 1 5853937)
 (vectors 16 84019)
 (vector-slots 8 1651394 311202)
 (floats 8 954 1454)
 (intervals 56 935 392)
 (buffers 992 16))

-- 
Sent from my Emacs.